Thursday, May 1, 2003

Okinawa thinking 2003.5.X first presented

Main land people say so,
But,actually,It's not like that!
I was scolded suddenly from the taxi driver.

Goya Champlle, Awamori, Templu
Shisa, seeker sir juice ... ...The blue ocean, Okinawa!
I was completely in the mood for sightseeing.
But suddenly I was pulled back to reality.
Yes, I came to Okinawa for the interview for the novel.

Mr. Ryu Murakami wrote that children who are listening roar of phantom every day in the town of the base knows who is strong.
Really,when we came to Okinawa, we realize the meaning of that word.

Radio programs broadcast in English.
Shops who sell Army fashions by US military wholesale.
Second-hand car dealer with dollar indication

Yes, the strong man is America,And Japan itself has been became the base of the United States.
BTW,the proportion of land occupied by the base in Okinawa is 18%.

When i said that I am writing a novel,The taxi driver became redundant more and more.And he talked swiftly as below.
"The people in the Mainland says a various things about the Military base return problem.However,It is not problem like lend or borrowed.
In the confusion of war,The US military took the best place in Okinawa forcibly.
And they built a Military base.Inland people don't understand it.
Only Mr. Tetsuya  Chikushi is understanding it.”

I thought.Why Tetsuya Chikushi suddenly.
Tetsuya Chikushi famous for news 23,
It seems that he was working in Okinawa bureau of the Asahi Shimbun once.
Therefore,driver's way of say included respectful nuances,a little.

I have almost not watched Mr.Tsukushi's news 23.
And,i'm also a topic person who inland person.
And further,i'm a chicken.
Therefore,I could not refute it and I was only listening silently.

Several times in Okinawa, I heard the word so-called Naichi.
("Naichi" means inland)
I thought that they are thinking while dividing the mainland and Okinawa as an identity.

Okinawa Rock, Okinawa cuisine
Okinawa Actors School,Okinawa slot(so-called Oki-slo) ...etc.
Okinawa that seems to be shining at something.
But,When we look at their foot,The unemployment rate is the worst in Japan.
I felt that there was some sorrow at the root.

When I was scolded by the taxi driver, I remembered that I came to Okinawa for interview for novel.
I asked the taxi driver questions about shamanism "Utah and Noro" with courage.
(Utah and Noro are shamanisms which still remain in Okinawa.It was the subject of this interview)

Driver became redundant increasingly,
And He talked about Utah and Noro.